by Claude Gaillard
Publisher : Omake Books (September 25, 2020)
Language : French
Number of pages : 192 pages
The guide to crazy cinema!
A gingerbread killer, a demonic fridge, a talking sex, a drink to dissolve the homeless, a soccer guardian crab, a tomato attack, a vampire motorcycle, a yogurt that digests you, a teenager who gives birth to a baby. an insect, a libidinous alien teacher, dead strippers hotter than some alive girls... Yes! These films exist and they now have a book: Films de Ouf , the guide to crazy cinema!
- Downright deadly sushi from Dead Sushi (2012) at the chair killer Killer Sofa (2019) via the undead beavers of Zombeavers (2014) or even the ex-boyfriend returned as a zombie in Burying the Ex (2014) by Joe Dante ( Gremlins ), Claude Gaillard paints a delightful and humorous panorama of these crazy and improbable productions of the 7th art.
- A veritable anthology of the WTF film (What the fuck!) bordering on transgressive, Phew Movies explores the hidden side of Hollywood via these crazy feature films.
- Like Claude Gaillard's other works at Omaké Books, the 192 pages of Phew Movies are illustrated with many photos.
- The tone is sympathetically ironic and evokes, through the hooks for each film, the mythical weekly World Info .
- Includes a crazy movie generator and many other surprises, notably through chapters with themes as delirious as they are evocative (Guess who's coming to eat us tonight?, Crazy objects, Crazy movies, 30 million enemies, Happiness is in the after...).
Former Stevie Wonder vocal double and cabaret revue leader, Claude GAILLARD was abducted by aliens at the age of 8. From the Sainte-Marie psychiatric hospital in Aveyron, he now writes books on cinema in a language he is the only one to speak. We owe him in particular at Omake Books: It's Almost the Same , Back to the Futures and Cyborgs versus Androids .