It smells of fir (at the cinema)
of Claude Gaillard
Release date : November 17, 2022
Publisher : Omake Books
Language : French
Number of pages : 192 pages (flexible)
As the end-of-year celebrations are knocking at our doors and TV programs are overwhelmed by syrupy TV movies, here is a book that explores the dark side of Christmas in the cinema. On the menu: scary Christmas Eve, psychopathic Santas, sweet and bloody nights, creatures that are not gifts or a thousand other nightmares for big children...
- More than 120 films reviewed: scary New Year's Eve, psychopathic Santas, nightmarish creatures... There's enough to really get your balls up!
- A classification by decades, from the 70s (and before) until today.
- From the Blockbuster ( Gremlins ) to the Z series ( Santa Jaws , Bikini Bloodbath Christmas ...), passing by some famous B series (the series Silent Night, Bloody Night , the saga Krampus , BlackChristmas , 36 15 Code Santa ...) and a handful of unknown pearls ( Better Watch Out , Santa Claus Origins , Holy , All creatures were stirring ...).
- An index of Christmas movies by theme (sketch movie, killer Santa Claus, cannibals, killer toys, festive zombies, etc.)
- A touch of madness and a good dose of humor in the text, Claude Gaillard requires!
A specialist in genre cinema, Claude GAILLARD has written numerous books for Omaké Books, including It's almost the same ! , Phew Movies , back to the future , Cyborgs versus Androids, Holidays from hell (at the cinema) And Gaming goes to Hollywood (in collaboration), but also the volumes of Pop Culture Visual Archive devoted to Japanese cult movie posters Retro toy ads, Amstrad Game Ads and to Western posters .